Indianapolis Divorce Lawyers
JR & Jill Emerson are dependable Indianapolis divorce lawyers who provide divorce and family law advice to clients in Indianapolis and throughout Central Indiana.
Practical and Aggressive Indianapolis Divorce Lawyers (317) 969-8000
JR & Jill Emerson take an aggressive and progressive approach to family law, divorce, child custody and child support issues in Indiana. Their main goal is to protect your interests while helping you achieve your objectives, no matter how difficult your situation.
Uncontested and Contested Divorce: Child Custody and Support
JR & Jill provide guidance to individuals going through both contested and uncontested divorces. The Emerson's will negotiate on your behalf, but if the divorce negotiation does not work, they are prepared to be a persuasive advocate for you in court. JR & Jill are ready to handle all matters that may arise during divorce planning and in the course of a divorce, including:
- Division of property, distribution of assets in high-asset marriage dissolution
- Division of debts, uncovering of hidden assets and division of retirement assets
- Business valuation and dividing a business during a divorce
- Child custody and other child-related concerns
- Parenting time (access/visitation)
- Spousal maintenance awards
- Child support, including cases with self-employed parents
Indianapolis Divorce Lawyers By Your Side
We Can Help!
You are not alone. With every step of your divorce, you attorney is with you.
What is a Simple Uncontested Divorce?
In a simple uncontested divorce one party retains an attorney to draft all of the documents. Prior to having the divorce attorney draft the documents both spouses agree to the terms of the divorce including, among other things, property division, child custody and child support.
A simple uncontested divorce is a cost effective way to work through the divorce process, however, you and your spouse must work together and negotiate the terms of the divorce. If there are minor children involved, both spouses will likely have to attend a parenting class. The divorce is usually final within 2 to 3 months from the filing of the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. Call for a FREE telephone consultation with one of our divorce attorneys.
It is important to note that Jill & JR do NOT represent both parties in a Simple Uncontested Divorce. They only represent the party who has retained their services. It is advisable that both parties seek representation to ensure his or her rights are being enforced.
More Than Just a Divorce Lawyer: Helping You With Any Divorce or Family Law Issue
Emerson Law L.L.C. helps mothers and fathers protect their rights in paternity matters and adoption, including step-parent adoption, and termination of parental rights.
JR & Jill advise and represent cohabiting couples, married and unmarried couples, as they craft domestic partnership agreements, negotiate separations and handle child custody or adoption matters.
Child Custody, Prenuptial Agreements, Estate Planning
JR & Jill are much more than divorce lawyers. They are prepared to protect your rights in court during child support hearings (including child support modification hearings), child custody hearings, parental relocation, complex and shared custody cases, and negotiating custody of children raised by unmarried parents.
Whether you are a father, mother, grandparent or non-parent caregiver, Jill and JR are prepared to fight for you. Emerson Law L.L.C. will also provide support to individuals and families who have experienced domestic violence or face orders of protection.
Family law is not always about fighting, but it is always about the future. Emerson Law L.L.C., helps clients negotiate and prepare prenuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation domestic partnership agreements.
If you are preparing for divorce, to adopt children (in step-parent situations or any private adoption) or to planning for your family's future through wills and trusts contact divorce attorney JR or Jill Emerson in Indianapolis.
Who Gets the Dog in the Divorce - CNN
When you work with us, you will have our support, advice and guidance throughout the entire divorce process. To help you, here is a list of links to websites where you can find valuable information about the field of family law:
- Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines - a thorough guide for child visitation in Indiana
- Child Support Information - statutory information for a detailed look at child support in Indiana
- Indiana Child Support Calculator - a relatively easy-to-use program that enables you to begin the process of determining a child support obligation
- Indiana Department of Child Services - state of Indiana parent resource
- Indiana State Central Collection Unit - the agency responsible for collecting and distributing child support in Indiana
- Grandparents' Rights in Indiana - Indiana Legal Services, Inc. provides a short overview of the rights the elderly and grandparents in Indiana
- Adoption - legal issues surrounding adoption in Indiana
- Guardianships - Indiana statutory information about guardianships
Here is a list of articles on divorce that we think you might find useful
- Rise of "Gray" Divorce Forces Financial Reckoning After 50
- The New Tax Plan Will Make Your Divorce Suck Even More
- Indiana Among Highest Divorce Rates in the Country
- Skin Care Mogul Wants $500K Ring Back
- How to Remove Your Name from a House After a Divorce
- How to Divorce Without Sacrificing Too Much Money
- The Best Thing I Did Was Running Away From Home
- Divorce on the Rise in these 25 Cities
- Judge Overturns Divorce Settlement
- Rosie's Divorce Turns Nasty
- 4 Behaviors Are The Most Reliable Predictors of Divorce
- The Billion Dollar Divorce
- Top Reasons People Divorce
- The Divorce Rate is Falling
- Divorce and the Business Cycle
- Marriage and Divorce Rate Trends
- Cheap Divorce Attorney - Thinking of hiring a cheap divorce attorney....think again
- Getting Divorced 'Doesn't Mean You Failed
- Carmel Indiana Divorce Lawyer
- Divorce Services in Indianapolis
- Legal Aid and Pro Bono Divorce in Indianapolis
- The Moment I Knew: Divorce Stories
- Financial Advice After a Divorce
- Paula Deen Divorce
- Divorce and Finances
- Divorce and Retirement
- Holiday Traditions After a Divorce
- Divorce Held Up - Pension Errors
Contact JR & Jill Emerson divorce lawyers at 317-969-8000
Emerson Law L.L.C. provides understanding and compassion for the delicate issues associated with divorce and family law. JR & Jill are committed to obtaining positive results for each of their clients, at a reasonable cost.
Whether you are located in Indianapolis or elsewhere in Indiana, contact JR and Jill, a today to consult with you regarding your divorce or other legal concerns.
3091 E. 98th St., Suite 180 Indianapolis, IN 46280
For many parents, child custody and parenting time problems create a great amount of unease. Basically in Indiana courts will resolve any dispute about child custody and parenting time according to the best interests of the children involved.
Child support comes with rights and responsibilities. Normally the non-custodial parent pays the parent with primary physical custody a monthly amount which is more or less fixed by the Indiana Child Support Guidelines.
Indiana law creates a presumption that each party to a marriage is entitled to 50% of the marital property. This presumption can vary, but in most cases, each party is awarded 50% of the marital property and 50% of the marital debt.
Whether you are contemplating divorce, or been arrested or injured you are probably scared, unsure what will come next and what to do. Give me a call. We will sit down, go over your options and work to find a way to move forward. Call me or another attorney. But call someone and get the help you deserve.
- JR Emerson, Attorney
I am here to help. I am not here to judge. For nearly 20 years I have been helping people in difficult situations and I would be happy to speak with you to see how I might be able to help you too.
- Jill Bracken-Emerson, Attorney
Schedule a Consultation Now!
If you need help we are happy to talk to you at no charge. Give us a call or click the button to make an appointment.
Our office is located on the north side of Indianapolis at 98th Street and Keystone Avenue.
3091 E. 98th Street, Suite 180
Indianapolis, IN 46280
Our attorneys represent people in need of assistance with personal injuries, car accidents, divorce, family law and DUI/OVWI matters. Our clients typically live in counties throughout central Indiana including, Hamilton County, Boone County, Marion County, Hendricks County and Johnson County. Please contact our office to learn how we can help.
Copyright © 2018, Emerson Law L.L.C.
The laws governing legal advertising in the state of Indiana require the following statement in any publication of this kind: Advertising Material. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
This site makes use of licensed stock photography. All photography is for illustrative purposes only and all persons depicted are models unless otherwise noted.
JR Emerson is an attorney who represents men and women in family law matters including divorce, child custody modification, and child support modification in Marion County, Hendricks County, Boone County, Hamilton County, Hancock County, Madison County, Johnson County. Cities in which he practices include: Zionsville, Lebanon, Whitestown, Carmel, West Clay, Westfield, Noblesville, Fishers, Lawrence, Beech Grove, Speedway, Greenwood, Southport, Franklin, Plainfield, Avon and Danville, Indiana.